Best Compound Bow – Reviews and Buying Guide
- 1.Best budget compound bow. The hunting bow with ultimate performance at great value. The compound bow with a large range of adjustable draw length 18-31"; and draw weight 0 -70 lbs without needing a bow press. A bow for everyone.
- 2.100% CNC machined cams and modules with the 6061 T6 aluminum.
- 3.BOW SPECIFICATIONS: Axle-to-Axle：30", Brace Height：6.6", Draw Weight：0~70 LBS, Draw Length：18"~31",（Each 0.5"adjustment）, IBO Speed：310FPS, Net Weight：3.8 LBS, String Length：58.13" , Cable Length：33.23".
- 4.The Beginner Package - Comes with everything you need to start shooting! A 5-pin sight, arrow rest and stabilizer.
- 5.MATERIAL: Aluminum Bow Riser. Bow String : BCY-X,import from BCY USA
- Official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).
- Great starter bow for archers of all ages, sizes and athletic abilities. With no specific draw length requirement, kids can't outgrow this bow.
- Includes a machined 6061-T6 aluminum riser, aluminum cam and idler wheel, sturdy composite limbs and high-strength bowstrings – all made in the USA.
- Built with single-cam technology, there are no tuning issues, less recoil, less noise and more accurate shooting.
- Kit includes: Bow, belt tube quiver, adjustable arm guard, five (5) aluminum arrows, 3/16" hex wrench and an Owner's Manual.
- Maximum-versatility bow is engineered for all ages and skill levels
- Ready to hunt bow comes equipped with six Trophy Ridge accessories
- Adjustable from 12” to 30” draw length range and from 5 to 70 lbs. peak draw weight
- All adjustments are made using an Allen wrench with no need for a bow press
- Weighs only 3 lbs. and shoots up to 315 feet per second
- DURABLE, HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPOSITE LIMBS - With integrated composite center-shot riser
- HEAVY-DUTY ALL-WEATHER STRINGS
- DRAW LENGTH UP TO 26-INCHES - 15-pound draw weight
- 33-INCHES TIP TO TIP - with 8-inch brace height
- INCLUDES - Two 26-inche composite arrows, quiver, finger tab, arm guard, arrow rest and adjustable pin sight
- VORTEXLITE YOUTH BOW in Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo. Versatile and well equipped youth compound bow designed to adjust with the advancing skills of developing archers
- Draw weight 18 - 29 lb. Compound Youth Bow with a 60-70% let off
- Adjustable draw weights from 18-29 lbs. Compound bow | adjustable draw length from 22" - 25"
- Constructed to ATA/AMO standards | 3-Pin “bright-glow” Fiber optic sight with pins visible in lowlight
- Right handed bow Only | draw length adjusts in 1" Increments | adjustable arrow rest
If there is anything that can bring complete satisfaction to a hunting enthusiast, that is a Compound Bow. A compound bow is a modern-day bow with an authentic ancient touch. It uses a levering system with pulleys and cables that support the overall structure of the bow. Common features in all compound bows are:
- Eccentric wheels at both ends of bows.
- 2 weight adjustments bolts for proper balancing of the bow while hunting.
- Arrow rest to place the arrow at the time of hunting.
- Bowstrings connected by the top and bottom eccentric wheels.
- Grip to make a firm grip at the bow while hunting.
Best Compound Bows
Compound bows are preferred by hunting lovers who are not much fond of crossbows. It gives them an authentic feel while following their passion. Compound bows help you develop focus and balance. Ideal compounds are the ones that come with good quality cams to help amateurs, as well as professionals, make their first hunt.
Bows that are durable and have a fair amount of strength are in excess demand. They are far more affordable compared to crossbows. Most of the compound bows have low maintenance and are long-lasting. It is most suitable for hunters who do not want to spend much on hunting animals.
Compound Bow Reviews
Although there are many compound bows online, here are the 5 top-rated compound bows you can purchase online
PSE Ready To Shoot Surge Bow Package with Right Hand”
This 8-pound compound bow is one of the most sought after bows on Amazon because of its IBO speed which is ~320 FPS and draws length range – 19-30”. Although the string stop is a little short, PSE Ready To Shoot Surge Bow Package with Right Hand is worth the money.
The bow comes completely assembled in the package absolutely ready to use. The accuracy this bow offers is utterly unmatchable. Perfect for amateurs as well as professionals. Crafted out of the best quality materials, this is bound to last on your shoulders for the next many decades
Infinite Edge Bow Package
This 3.2-pound compound bow has its origins in Afghanistan. Made to kill the animal in the first shot itself, Infinite Edge Bow is loved by people with experience in the field of hunting. The tube peep sight is an exclusive feature that enhances the focus of the hunter.
The BCY string loops are flexible as well as durable. They are made to not break for a long time to come. One of the most versatile bows online, it shoots at 310 FPS. 74.7 ft.-lbs of kinetic energy makes it ideal for use in training programs, beginners, and professionals.
Diamond by Bowtech Infinite Edge
Weight at 3.2 pounds Diamond by Bowtech Infinite Edge is similar to the above bow. The bow is pink in color with some exclusive features compared to other compound bows on Amazon. It also has a Hostage XL arrow rest and Octane DeadLock Lite Quiver.
Tube peep sight and BCY String Loop are a definite thumbs up. The draw length is adjustable ranging from 13”-30”. This makes it ideal for hunters of all sizes. With axle to axle at 31” and IBO speed at 310 FPS, it is one of the most versatile bows in the market
SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30” Compound Bow
This 4.4 Pounds black compound is gaining reputation because of its affordable price and eminent quality it proffers. Although the arrow speed is lesser than others i.e. 270 FPS, SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30” Compound Bow has got supreme quality well-crafted parts in its manufacturing.
The draw length ranges from 26”-30” increasing its use among its users. Its carbon and aluminum body makes it long-lasting. Simple in design, its draw weight is ~ 55-70 lbs. It is much recommended by hunters who have years of experience in this craft. The accuracy of the bow is exceptionally good with proper weight balance
PSE Brute X Compound Bow
If you are looking for unmatchable smoothness in your hunting then there is nothing better than the PSE Brute X compound bow. The re-designed madness PRO cam is an excellent addition to this compound bow. The maximum arrow is speed is a whopping 320 fps.
It is known for its strength and smoothness. No professional hunter would ever advise to not go for it. The draw length is variable at 25”-30”. The draw weight can be chosen between 50 pounds or 60 pounds. Raptor grip with Ultra Rigid Riser makes its shock-absorbing system unbeatable.[/vc_cta][vc_column_text]
Compound Bow Buying Guide
Infinite Edge Bow Package is one of the most sought after compound bows online. It has been exclusively designed for experienced hunters. Some of its exclusive features make it the top-rated compound bow. Some of the features that make it a certain choice for hunting enthusiasts are –
- 310 fps velocity of the arrows.
- Tube peed sight cam.
- Exceptional quality material.
- High durability.
- Versatility in terms of the choice of person and type of use.
- 13”-30” draw length range.
This product can be harmlessly used by kids and amateur adults. It is highly recommended for all because of its comprehensive features and functionality.
2 compound bows that are highly recommended are Infinite Edge Bow Package and PSE Brute X compound bow. The best part about them is the quality they exhibit. Both of these have a high recommendation for smooth shooting and variable uses. The durability and affordability of these bows are their USP’s. Although the latter is not available for people under 18 years of age, its sleekness and effectiveness take a lot of votes.
Fast arrow speeds, unsurpassable quality, variable draw lengths, and easy availability online makes them highly renowned among the hunters’ family. With extended warranty periods, one does not worry about the troubles that may come with time. Amazon offers the most competitive prices with great discounts for both these compound bows. If you want to buy a crossbow, please read the best crossbow.
Choosing the Best Compound Bow for You
The first question to ask yourself when buying any new piece of kit, especially something as personal as a bow is what am I most comfortable with. Any item which requires hand and eye coordination have to “feel” right. The only person who can judge this is the user.What feels good for you might feel totally wrong to another hunter with the same build.
The best compound bow for you is the one that you are comfortable with, if it feels right it probably is. However, the only way to find out which is bests to literally try them all. Well at least try as many models as the store has. To achieve the perfect purchase of your new compound bow is to try them. Make sure that you don’t enter the store with a preconceived idea of make, model, size before you actually try them. There are however six facts you should determine before making your final selection
- Bow Speed
- Long or Short Bow
- Brace Height
- Is Light Better than Heavy
- Draw length
- Comfort of Combinations
Bow Speed and what is it.
The first point to take on board is that whilst you are advised to try as many different types of rigs as possible with as many different combinations of the highlighted factors you also have to be aware of the different circumstances from a trial run on a sunny afternoon compared to shooting in the field in the snow after standing still in the cold for several hours. When speed was considered the main criteria the various aggressive cam systems available were obviously directed at a speedy rate of fire. Now many years down the trail perhaps, and it is only perhaps as it is what you feel comfortable with, speed is not the most important. It may well be that the draw cycle of the model you practice firing feels somewhat hard and extremely difficult. If it feels like that in practice think of winter hunting conditions. Speed whilst necessary is not the ultimate,how you manage that speed is what makes it lethal to your target.
Long or Short Bow
Today recent trends are towards short ATA dimensions [Axle to Axle]this is the distance between the actual part of the bow which holds the string and is considered best for hunting in the range 30″ to 34″.The perception is that the more static and hidden you are the shorter ATA length to prevent getting tangled with the tree or scrub growth around you. The 34″ end of the spectrum is approaching the cross over point of dual-use for hunting and target shooting whilst any thing over 34″ is considered a target bow only. Obviously, the ATA is smaller than the overall size of the Compound bow but is a direct relationship with it. But again I stress this the perception of others. Only you can experiment and therefore decide which axle length is best for you and your hunting.
The brace height is relevant to the depth as opposed to the ATA which we have seen is relevant to the height. Explained simply this is the distance from the string of the bow to the handle grip with the string under no tension at all. The perceived thinking is that the lack of time with the longer brace height meant that the shooter had less time to interfere with the sighting so it was more accurate. With a shorter brace height, the bowman has more time with the arrow engaged on the string and this gives a greater amount of time for the hand torque screw the shot of the target. Again this is the perceived view and it may not apply to you but what will or should apply is that the shorter the bow brace height the more accuracy needed by the hunter. Again we can only emphasize that you will only find out by trial and error.
Is Light Better than Heavy
Within the evolving market place in sports compound bows have not only shrunk in height they have also, with the evolution of new technology and materials, become lighter. This may or may not be a factor as if you are only going to travel a short distance to where your prey is located weight may not be important but if you are planning on hiking on a camping trip of a few days and you have to carry everything for survival, tent, kitchen, clothes, and bed then the weight of every component part may be of such importance that lightness becomes the main factor. Yet again the choice is yours, extra light, light or heavy, try them all and see which suits you.
Yet again only you can decide after trial and error which is right for you. Too long you are restricting the number of areas you can stand in as you need more space. Too short and you run the risk of losing accuracy. Whilst draw length is important the correct draw weight is also important as if you have to struggle to draw the bow this will create a movement that could alert your prey. Again the draw length can only be found by trial and error so don’t be afraid to try all different lengths.
Comfort of Combinations
Well by now you should be aware of all the various combinations that you will have to work out to find the correct bow to suit you and you should have tried if not all then most of the combinations available to you and you should almost instinctively pick up a model and automatically reject it or think this is a possibility. It happens, nobody knows why although I am sure there is a psychological reason you will “know”
I never fail to be amazed just how personalized hunter’s equipment becomes, whether it is fishing flies, skinning knives, rifle sights, or shooting bows. The best bow is the one that becomes an extension of your skill and ability and by reading and following the above you should be able to find the best compound bow for you.h3